Monday, April 29, 2013

Why I Blog




I wanted to post a reply to Berry's meme challenge. But,  I wanted to find the first picture of myself, and it's taken me awhile. That was a couple computers ago, but good old Google never forgets! This is the earliest picture I can find. LOL look at that system hair! I think this is still on a help island. It looks like I found some freebies already. This may be from my 1st attempt at SL in 2005.   

so here's a contrast:


Most recent.


The Meme:


1. How long have you been blogging? since April 2007. Specifically about SL, and Leondra's Blog; since June 2008.

2. Why did you start blogging? I want to keep a Web Log.. of what I find interesting, a sort of diary.

3. How many times a week do you post an entry? I average 1x a week, but have gone weeks without posting.

4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? At least 50 or so on a regular basis, and that does not include the individual ones posted in the syndicated ones, which I count as one.

4. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? sometimes, but rarely. I have to have a strong opinion or need to comment.

5. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Nope, occasionally look, but I don't care. It is only recently that I have begun to realize others "read" me. I never think I have a readership, etc.
 
6. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Yes, and I have deleted it. Not that I said anything negative, but perhaps revealed more about myself than I really want.

7. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Nope, only some of my interests.
 
8. Do you blog under your real name? No, I blog under my second life name. I have never blogged under my real name. Even in my other blogs, I have used pseudonyms.
 
9. Are there topics that you would never blog about? YES!!!! I avoid the SL drama like the plague.

10. What is the theme/topic of your blog? What I like!!!!!. I began to give credits to designers several years ago, because credit is due to those artists. When I post fashion stuff, it is about the creativity in the items. I never "review" things or would want to do that.

11. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? This is my only SL blog. GAD! I can't keep up with this one, so no others. I have retired my others which are not about SL.

12. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? It makes me aware each time I write that writing is a craft. Something that I will always "work" at to do.
 
13. So, why do you continue to blog? I enjoy the challenge of keeping up with current things. It keeps my journey in one place. When I get disillusioned about SL, I can see all the transformations, experiences, and creativity I have marked as important to me. I find comfort in that. I also keep some posts non-public to retain those memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment