Monday, June 24, 2013

Leo's Digits - June 2013

Strawberry Singh posted another blogger challenge. It started with Berry thinking her arms were proportionately too short... Tyrannosaurus Rex Syndrome she called it. So, I had to do a comparison, especially because I never did a check looking for changes with mesh clothing. I know I have changed many parts of me due to mesh.




This is my ava, as I currently walk around most of the time.



This is the pic from the post in 2011.


I know I made trade offs with body fat vs. torso muscles and thickness. Most surprising is the torso length shrinking, AND the leg length increasing.

And, Berry, the arm length has not changed! I know there are all these references out there for proportions, from the SL stuff to Michelangelo's studies. I work at a high school, and part of the dress code rule is that skirts and shorts must be no shorter than at the fingertips when standing straight, which is usually a tad above most girl's mid-thighs. :)

The reason I change my body and keep tweaking it are illustrated below.



This is a "Medium" womens with my above current measurements.



Looks OK from the front, and fits over the hips of the mesh shorts. When I wore this, I had to reduce my torso muscles. I find that I save body shapes with outfits, but that can drive one crazy. I often have to add more "love handles" to fill in pants and skirts, etc. Usually I wear a small or extra-small, and here is a medium. If only RL offered the alter your shape option :)



Proportions Challenge Questions:

Do you try and keep your avatar’s body proportionate and similar to the “average” proportions pictured above? – No, haven't thought of it, I go by "eye".

What do you dislike the most about the SL avatar mesh? – Avatar mesh? like parts? I only use feet. Matching skin tones, especially when changing windlight settings, is the most difficult.

Does it bother you when you see other avatars that are not proportionate at all? –It doesn't "bother" me, but looking good is part of "the literacy". I don't get bothered by people's ignorance. I REALLY appreciate that people have tried to make their own shapes and not buy somebody elses', freebie or spent Ls on it. It is an expression of whom we want to be.


BUT there are occassions when I want to ask someone if they remembered to wear the alpha layer... LOL. 

Even though this is a virtual world and people can be anything they want to be, do you feel when they are in human form, they should try to keep their proportions close to average?  -No, we can be whomever we want to be. If others do not have a sense of beauty or art, that's OK. I know many people in RL that are disproportionate, it doesn't bother me. I must say though, the huge prim boobs, teeny waists, and wide, long hips are comical... but that may be the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment